Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bubble bubble...

It's not the most auspicious time to launch a blog. The Gulf of Mexico is dying, my beloved euro is sinking, and the forces of wilful ignorance seem ready to give us another decade or so of garbage, hatred, and violence. And Glee just went all Lady Gaga on my innocent daughters.

But those are not the only things going on.

The building in which I'm writing this is now being painted. Not in a bland solid color, as you might imagine, but as a mural. Depicting little fishies darting through the weeds. Air bubbles rising to the sill of my dormer window. Eddies of currents flowing around the electric and gas meters.

I am now living in a fish bowl. If that's not an invitation to blog, then what is?

1 comment:

  1. Sir,

    I have previously secured assurances from you that you are NOT, in fact, the Stephen O'Shea who hunts giant squid. I am beginning to suspect deception on your part.

    Sincerely,
    Iowa Mike

    ReplyDelete